SCHOOL BUSINESS SUPPORT OFFICER 3 / GRADE 5 - Job Reference 176881
Full time (37hrs) Permanent, Term Time only
Salary £19,698 to £ 21,748 Actual pro rata salary £16,580 to £18,305 term time only
Due to the early retirement of the current post holder, we require a SBSO to join our school admin team of four and are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and skilled professional.
We welcome applications from experienced personnel who have a passion for and a proven track record of successfully working within an administrative post in a fast paced office environment . School experience would be beneficial but is not essential as full training will be provided.
Please note this is a term time only post and the salary quoted is full time equivalent. If successful the salary received will be paid on a pro-rata basis. CVs are not accepted, to apply for this vacancy you need to complete an application form below.
Main duties in summary are to facilitate transport for pupils within an ever changing environment adhering to strict deadlines which generally involves:
- Liaising with
- Staff in preparation of requesting transport.
- LCC Integrated Transport Service Team.
- Approved Taxi Contractors with regards to allocated transport schedules.
- Completing online requisition forms for new transport contracts via the LCC Schools Portal.
- Maintenance of manual and computerised records using both a shared lived spreadsheets and SIMS.net (Schools Information Management System)
- Consideration & monitoring of financial processes and expenditure relating to the costs incurred for pupil transport (including bus passes)
- Photocopying, filing and general administration duties.
- Reception duties.
Working under the direction of the School Business Support Officer (Line Manager) and School Business Manager you will be working with the school admin team in supporting all school staff including the Senior Leadership Team. Additional duties may also include:
- General pupil welfare support, where required, including the responsibility for informing the relevant staff of any pupil absences.
- Production of management information relating to transport contracts including spreadsheet reports.
- Contributing to the planning, development and delivery of support services and procedures within the school.
- Vast experience of Microsoft packages and advanced IT skills especially in the use of Excel spreadsheets, Office 365 and Microsoft Teams.
- Excellent administration and good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work and manage own workload within a busy team.
- Willingness to develop the existing role.
- Ability to communicate well with staff, parents and governors
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- High Level of numeracy and literacy skills
- To act in a courteous manner and polite manner when dealing with children, staff, parents and outside agencies
- 5 GCSE's at Grade C or above (including English and Maths) or equivalent
- NVQ Level 2 Business Administration or equivalent
- Experience of school admin processes and Sims.net
For an informal discussion please contact: Margaret Kavanagh - 01257 249803 (extn 3006)
CLOSING DATE: 29th September 2021
INTERVIEW DATE: To be advised
PREFERRED START DATE: 1st November 2021 or as soon as possible after
Shaftesbury High School, Weldbank Lane, Chorley, Lancashire, PR7 3NQ
Shaftesbury High School is a highly successful Pupil Referral Unit (96 on roll) with a capacity for 120 pupils. We were deemed 'Good' by Ofsted in October 2019.
The school is divided into ASPIRE and OASIS. ASPIRE caters for KS3 and KS4 pupils who have been permanently excluded from schools in Chorley and South Ribble areas or are on interventions to address behavioural issues. OASIS caters for KS3 and KS4 pupils who have been medically referred for an intervention place from their mainstream school.
Our vision and aspiration for all pupils is equal in that we aim to equip them with the skills, knowledge and resilience to make the most of their next steps, whether that be a mainstream setting or college, apprenticeship or training.
The staff team are fully committed to ensuring that every pupil is given every opportunity to succeed within a safe and inspiring environment.
Download the Job Description, Person Specification and Application forms below for details and submit your completed application form to:
- Margaret Kavanagh - email@example.com and copy in
- Abigale Bowe - firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively visit this LCC vacancies page Job Reference No. 176881